The exhibition space at The Parker Studio of Structural Sculpture, shown in the photograph above, is located in a fine 1890′s townhouse designed in a Romanesque style encountered in eastern German cities including Dresden and Leipzig. The original owner was John W. Putts, a successful importer of electrical equipment who, like most of his Lafayette Square neighbors, was of Germanic descent. As the photograph indicates, the townhouse’s decoration is of extraordinary quality. It recalls a time when architecture and its allied arts and crafts worked in concert at a high level of technical competence. The townhouse is thus an especially appropriate venue for The Parker Studio.
Besides The Parker Studio, Lafayette Square is also home to several historic churches.
The sculpture gallery at The Parker Studio of Structural Sculpture may be visited by appointment. Please contact the artist.